What is TeamOne?
Sheets + IBM Planning Analytics™ = TeamOne. TeamOne is an add-on that allows you to work with IBM Planning Analytics™ directly from Google Sheets™.
Excel on steroids - old famous description of TM1, used many years ago. Since then IBM Planning Analytics™ took it to another level. Similarly Google Workspace™ (formerly G Suite™) has been building products to help people transform the way they work. TeamOne brings IBM Planning Analytics™ into Google Sheets™. See below what it can do.
TeamOne can be added to Google Sheets™ from Google Workspace Marketplace™ (registered trademark owned by Google LLC ) by following this link. Our clients do not have to buy a Google Workspace™ subscription. It can work even with a free account. Though if you have a paid plan, you will be able to install TeamOne for all your users.
Try TeamOne for FREE
Planning Analytics data
As you would expect, the main add-on feature is to view TM1 data directly in Sheets. You can do it using =TEAMONE() formula or TeamOne Explorer (like Planning Analytics for Google Sheets) or tm1data task.
You can configure multiple TM1 connections and see directly in Sheets: cubes, views, dimensions, hierarchies, subsets, users and sessions, logs. Moreover you can compare and deploy objects between environments.
Documentation and no code model management
The project is almost done, but the documentation has not been even started? Or it just never gets updated? No surprise, this is common for
all many TM1 projects. With TeamOne you can create/update tm1 cubes, views, dimensions, hierarchies, subsets, elements, attributes, manage users, groups, permissions, object security... without a single line of code. It is like you build a documentation and the documentation is used to update your model automatically. By the way, your documentation will be formatted automatically as well.
This approach has several important advantages:
- you can collaborate with all your team members when you have new TM1 requirements or change requests
- a model draft gathered during requirements discussions can replace up to 95% of the development
- you can have maximum involvement of analysts and business users, for instance, you can ask somebody to translate element captions to a different language and then you will be only one click to get the new localized captions synchronized in TM1.
- your documentation is created before the development has even started, moreover, it gets updated as soon as you change anything
- you can prototype and implement real models in seconds
Users & Groups
As you would expect, you can see all TM1 users and their groups in TeamOne Sidebar too. But what about:
- being able to see who is active in the system now and what they are doing
- adding, deleting, disabling and enabling users
- managing groups and assignments
- syncing users & groups from a sheet,
Create a new sheet with users & security groups. Use Protected sheets and ranges to grant permissions for business managers who can modify the assignments. Now you are one click away to sync the permissions for the entered users. Need to manage permissions for a different environment or TM1 model? Create a new sheet with users...
Read more in our documentation.
Open a new period, reload data, recalculate cube, copy scenario, refresh feeders... Sounds familiar? Now all those routines can be automated using TeamOne tasks, moreover, it can be done by business users. Simply define a new task, specify a process name and parameters and now you can run it in any environment. Using Sheets formulas tasks definitions can be dynamically calculated.
Model comparison and deployments
You can easily identify the difference between 2 TM1 environments and deploy the changes from one environment to another one.
// TeamOne console.log("Hello Sheets, this is Planning Analytics");